Friday, July 19, 2013

What I've learned...

HI! Sorry, I've totally been neglecting this blog. The Maska family moved! We finally closed on our house. I am so excited to finally be moved in and to be in full-on nesting mode.

As soon as we are done with the nursery and the furniture is OUT of the dining room, I will post pictures of our house. We don't have pictures up on the wall yet, or it decorated all cute, but eventually...I promise!

I wanted to write a post about 5 AWESOME things about pregnancy and 5 Not-So-Awesome things that I've discovered in the past 8 months. This weekend, I'll do a bumpdate when I get the energy to get dressed and actually do my hair.

Aight? Here we goooooooooo.

Five AMAZING things about pregnancy:

1. My hair has never been longer, thicker, or more healthy. Well, except for years ago when I didn't fry the shit out of it color it, of course. I am loving it!

2. HOLY BOOBS.

3. Feeling the little flutters, that turn into jabs and kicks, which turn into the little baby rolling around. Now that he's the size of a  tasty melon, I get to see him bumping around in my belly. It's pretty cute. Except for when you're trying to sleep, and he's claimed the right side of your belly, which is the side you sleep on...and of course, you don't want your fat ass to smash him.

4. Nesting mode. I've never been real organized or been a super clean freak, but nesting mode has turned me into a machine. Plus, I'm LOVING the smell of these disinfectant wipes we bought at Sams Club, so I am wiping the shit out of everything in sight that I can. Mmmmm.

5. Meeting and talking with other mamas to be that are in the same spot in life as I am. I have made some great friends that are so resourceful and supportive. Cause' let's face it...my other friends could probably care less about breast pumps, padsicles, and tummy time.


5 Not-So-Great Aspects of Pregnancy

1. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I've REALLY struggled with my body image, self esteem, and weight this pregnancy. I'm literally in tears at least once a week because of either the scale at the doctor, I look like Shrek in my maternity clothes, or somebody asks me if I'm having twins, which has happened twice. I cried both times. No, not twins, and not even really a big baby at that. He is just laying funny in my womb, thanks. Of course, it makes me feel bad. I took no pictures of myself on my honeymoon because I looked "pudgy". It's just been so hard. I'm so motivated to get back into a 7/8 after I push this baby out. My friend Julia and I went to Express today, and I wanted SO bad to buy these cute dresses and colored shorts that were 40% off, but I couldn't, because I have NO clue what size I am going to be.

2. Feeling helpless. We moved this past weekend, and I tried to help all I could. I KNOW if I wasn't pregnant, I would have been able to help more. I felt so bad seeing my family and my husband doing all the work for me. I hate having to ask Mark to switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer because my belly won't let me bend over and get the clothes at the bottom of the washer. I hate having to ask him to help me put on my shoes when we go for a walk, and I hate that our electric bill is probably going to be off the charts this month because I'm so warm. I just want to go back to normal.

3. Feeling so fatigued. I nap nearly every day. I get 8 hours of sleep (minus bathroom breaks) but by 2:00 PM, my eyes are heavy and I am dragging. It just started back up in the third trimester. I am thankful for this little miracle I am growing, but I miss being energetic and wanting to "go, go go!"

4. The bloodwork. I dread getting my blood drawn. I think I've had 25 tubes of blood taken in the past 8 months. I pass out. Every. Single. Time.

5. Anxiety. Having had a miscarriage before, I was so anxious and nervous that something was wrong with this baby. I was such a negative Nancy, and I would convince myself before every ultrasound and appointment that either something was seriously wrong with this baby, or that it didn't have a heartbeat. I had many, many meltdowns and freak outs. I just wanted my body to not fail me...again. I needed to learn to trust my body. I'm almost there. Once I make it through the delivery, my faith will be restored :).

I just needed to let it all out there, and I am finally feeling better having written this. I can't wait to meet our son. I can't wait to snuggle him and tell him how much I love him.


2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the bebe resting on one side or another. Sparkle likes to have her head on my right side and it pokes out. I'm so freaked out that something is going to bump her noggin'!
    Can't wait to see pictures of your casa!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. baby G LOVES to stick his booty out on my right side too. and at 39 weeks that makes for one uncomfy mama when trying to sleep!
    i am so excited to see your nursery - and even more, beckett! AND HOPEFULLY YOU in march!!!!

    ReplyDelete