Monday, July 1, 2013

10 Things I'm Thankful for.


So, I just wanted to post about what I'm thankful for. I've done far, FAR too much complaining in the past couple of weeks due to feeling like Fat Bastard from Austin Powers. Oh, and guess what happened today, at Walmart. I was asked if I was having twins. 

"NO, homegirl, I'm not having twins."

Anyways. In the midst of being 100 months pregnant in the middle of summer, I was thinking about what I'm really thankful for. It's so easy to overlook the things that you are blessed with in your life when you are uncomfortable, struggling with something, or really stressed. It shouldn't be like that. I shouldn't be like that.

SO.. here we go.

1) I am thankful for my wonderful family. My family and Mark's family. They have supported us through SO much, rooted us along, and would bend over backwards for us. My dad's health is better than it was last year, and I am so glad. Mark's family has been so welcoming and nice to me the past couple of years. 

2) I am thankful for this baby boy in my belly. I apologize to him every so often for wishing he was a girl, and for crying when I found out he was a boy. I'm SO excited now to be a boy mom. I can't wait to watch him play with his daddy, watch him play whatever sport he chooses, and kiss his boo boos. I can't wait to dance with him at his wedding, go exploring in the backyard, and watch football with him. I am beyond thankful for the opportunity to be a mama. Many people don't know, but we lost a baby before him and I was FOR SURE that I would never have a healthy, happy baby and the chance to be the mother I have wanted to be since I was a little girl, so I am so excited to get a second chance.

3) I am thankful for my husband, who has been so patient with me, who has loved me unconditionally, and has supported me through everything. I never thought I would find someone who compliments me so well. He's a great communicator, and we make a great team. I can't wait to see how great of a father he is to Beckett. I'm also so blessed that he encouraged me to make a job change that was less stressful. 
He is a wonderful provider and I appreciate him so much.

Okay..enough with the sappy stuff..

4) I am thankful for DVR's. There was a point in time when ALL of my favorite shows were on Monday nights. We had the Bachelor, Teen Mom, and Catfish. Now, we have the Bachelor and Real Housewives of Orange County. The DVR makes it so much more manageable. :)

5) I am thankful for Chicken Fried Steak with white gravy. Mmmm mmmm mmm.

6) I am thankful for the New England Patriots losing pretty much half of their team. Brady doesn't need to go to another Bowl.

7) I am thankful for InSession and MSNBC/CNN. I love creeping on high profile court cases. 

8) I am thankful for central heat and air. I have friends on the west coast that don't have it and I'm all like whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! You best believe my AC is cranked.

9) I am thankful for coupons. I will never be an extreme couponer, but good lord, it's actually kind of fun hunting for good deals. 

10) I am thankful for my future neighborhood pool. Sorry in advance to the kiddos that get to see the "scratch marks" on my belly. They aren't that bad...yet.


That is all...HAPPY MONDAY, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment