Sunday, June 23, 2013

Nursery Talk.

I think I've been dreaming of creating and decorating a nursery since I was like...ummm...four. A long ass time.

Then, in 2011, or maybe 2012, who knows? I was introduced to Pinterest. My best and worst friend. It's the only site I know that can make you feel like total crap for your jiggly thighs and tummy and then make you SO happy when you look at wedding stuff and FOOD. Mmm, food. In 2012, I created a baby board, thinking that we would eventually have a kid. I spent HOURS fantasizing over my kid's nursery. Here were my ideas:





SO FREAKING ADORABLE, RIGHT?! Yes. But do you notice a theme?

Shiiiiiiiiiiiit. I'm having a boy. I had ZERO ideas for a boy nursery. I had visions of hot pink and zebra. I begged and pleaded and cried asked Mark if we could please do zebra with another color with the zebra, like green or orange. No go. Absolutely not happening. 

Here's another thing. I really, really despise jungle animal rooms, circus animals, character rooms such as Bob the Builder, etc. Mark said "how about a construction room with tonka trucks and stuff" I said no. One thing was for sure though..we wanted black furniture.

So...we were back to the drawing board on baby boy's nursery.

We decided on colors...



So then I went crazy cakes on Etsy and ordered his bedding...


(The colors are a little off due to lighting and the filter I used on IG), 

Then, we ordered his crib...

And a blanket...




So, Beckett's room is the "study" even though it has a closet, so it's a bedroom to me. His crib will go on that north wall which will be BLUE. His dresser (which we are slapping a changing pad on top and calling it a changing table) will go on the west wall, which will be ORANGE. The east wall will also be ORANGE and will have an aqua colored shelving unit with those pull-out baskets for toys and stuff. The wall with his closet will be BLUE. So basically, opposite walls will be the same color.



I originally really, really wanted to do a Chevron wall where his crib was. But I figured the Chevron wall would compete with the Chevron bedding and could potentially make our kid cross-eyed or something. And let's face it, by the time we actually get in this house, we will have less than 6 weeks before he's born. Time is not on our side, and with my math skills, and everything else we have to get done, I don't think a chevron wall is in our time frame or patience frame. So instead, my mom and I are going to make wall hangings above his crib like this:


But the chevron will be Orange and the letter will be either blue or black. That way there's a LITTLE pop on the wall. :)

Hopefully...HOPEFULLY this all turns out and looks okay. 

I'm stressin' over this, yall.


Later!!




3 comments:

  1. no need to stress mama its all going to turn out SO SO lovely!!!! i can not wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally searched for Sparkle's crib for over 5 weeks....what are the chances that we picked the same crib in different colors?!
    I definitely like the color scheme you went with! Can't wait to see the finished product!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be adorable Jordan!! :) so excited to see the end result!!

    ReplyDelete